Monday, July 4, 2011

Error: “Root element is missing”


Moving the original post

In BizTalk 2010 I created a WCF-WSHttp receive location. Then using the BizTalk WCF Service Publishing Wizard I created a meta data only endpoint, based on my WCF-WSHttp receive location and I added the required schema. The WCF service was created successfully. The application Pool used for this WCF service was configured using the identity having access to BizTalk databases.
When I tried to see the WSDL I got the exception: “Root element is missing”.

To resolve this issue I have to do the following two extra steps:

1.  Added the account used to configure the application pool to BizTalk Server Administrators group.

2. Added the following line to the Web.Config of WCF services created with the BizTalk WCF Service Publishing Wizard.
<system.web>
          <trust level="Full" originUrl="" />
<system.web>
For additional information refer to this MSDN link.

Cheers
Rohit Sharma

No comments:

Post a Comment